Several of us know András and have heard of his mythical fibre glass roofing skills! András paid me a visit in Brighton on his way to Dover to leave these shores for his home town in Hungary and then on to a new work contract in Mongolia! Can’t wait for his updates on that one! Anyway I am very proud to unveil these latest photos of his finished and tuned rig and there are lots of details below.
- Stock VW 2.4TDiC ACL
- Modified intercooler, increased boost, more fuel, LDA adjustment
- Modified dash with new dials: boost, oil temp, oil pressure, water temp, volt meter, second fuel tank gauge, carling switches for all lights
- Side & reversing cameras
- 330amp hour leisure battery bank
- Victron iverter/charger running permanent 240v
- 350w solar panel
- 150l internal mounted fresh water tank + 22l hot water tank
- 50l underslung waste tank
- 70l secondary diesel tank with dash operated transfer pump
- water calorifier twin coil, separate from webasto or engine cooling circuit
- pressurised water system 4.5 bar
- Webasto thermotop c & blown air heating system
- VW T2 rock&roll downstairs double bed & seating
- swivel mount drivers seat
- Florida upstairs double slide out bed system
- Kree light bars: 52″ high beam, 2 x 8″ front fog, 2 x 4″ search light, 1 x rear 8″
- 100amp headlamp modification inc. new relays and wiring
- Unimog 20×9 wheels & 275/80 r20 tyres Michelin XZL second hand
- oven, twin hob and grill
- wet room
- cassette swivel loo & sog unit
- external storage through rear doors, workshop area.
Mini LT 4X4 by night!
Ray Perry & Andras met up on Brighton seafront for a chinwag and a mulled cider! What a rare treat to get these 2 beasts together (the vans that is!)
The bus was previously a camper with windows all round, which presumably meant that it was a bus in an even earlier life. It has been owned by a wind farm company and a doctor who had it in his possession for 15 years according to the papers.
We love it. Great work András
In a previous edition of the VOLT magazine we were very proud to feature an as yet unseen build gallery of his work on his big rig. The gallery is below.